Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Bionic Woman, et al.

I think Michelle Ryan just gets better. For a young gal, and her first American TV gig, she's really got it together. Her character is evolving; Jaime's life is becoming a maze of lies and secrets. While she's beginning to play the good soldier, it is just a matter of time before her home life come crashing down. Her little sister, Becca, has already gotten in trouble. Thanks to Jaime's boss, Becca's not in jail. Seems Jaime's boss and Becca have their own secret.

I'm still a little miffed about her enhanced abilities. Maybe they are afraid that she will appear as "too" superhuman. I guess you'd have to be old enough to remember watching the original Bionic Woman (or the Six Million Dollar Man) in prime time. There was nothing else like it on TV. And like I've said in a previous post, the sound effects were a bit cheesy, and their enemies a bit simplistic. But it was 1976! As much as I like the new show, I think they've lost something. In as much as they're trying to make it unique, they owe their initial popularity to those fans that were fans of the original show. I think allot of would-be fans have turned away because it was not what they expected. They need to do something nostalgic, or bring someone in from the original series.

Anyhow, I found this video on YouTube. It's a collection of SciFi TV clips, very nicely done. Enjoy! SciFi Shows a Plenty


Regards
John Crawford

AutismZone
Accokeek Computers
Accokeek Gifts
Mamas Best Recipes
The Cartouche - Science Fiction Reviews
Simple Opportunities
Conquer Your Niche

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I watched the pilot of the new Bionic Woman and thought it was ok...haven't gotten around to the rest of them...it doesn't seem all that great to me...

My Tivo : Tivo Time
Hi, I found your blog through my BlogRush widget!

I blog for money! Plus I like the "funny"

Earning Adsense

My other BlogRush Blogs are:
My LOST Page
FlixyaVideos
Black20
Waiter's Revenge
Tivo Time
Movie Trailers
Nyactor's Videos
Rabbit Hole Intro=Internet Marketing Blog
Myspace Videos

I also use these sites to make money:

New Social Network = Yuwie


Flixya
Dada
StumbleUpon
MediaFlix