Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Against All Odds - Stargate Atlantis John Sheppard/Elizabeth Weir Sparky Tribute

I like to tweet old songs, songs that have stuck with me over the years. Songs that bring back childhood memories too. I was in the Army on my first overseas assignment in 1984 when I first heard this song. It's from the movie "Against All Odds", starring Jeff Bridges, Rachel Ward, and James Woods. A story about the underbelly of a professional football team, the drama of the players, the coaches, the owner and family, and their shady dealings. I must have watched that movie dozens of times, and I bought the album (yes the album). CD's were fairly new then, records were still very popular, and I had a turntable. Not too many years later I became a fan of science fiction. Of course, "Star Trek: The Next Generation" and "Babylon 5" were about all there was on TV. "SeaQuest" came along shortly thereafter. "Stargate" the movie came out in 1994, and "Stargate SG-1", the TV series, launched in 1997 and lasted 10 seasons. This video is based on one of it's two spinoffs, "Stargate: Atlantis". If you are reading this blog, likely you are into science fiction and are familiar with the Atlantis series. John and Elizabeth were never a couple. Their relationship was very nearly train-wrecked many times during the first season, and at times still felt tenuous. There was always a power stuggle; but deep inside their mutual respect and admiration grew very deeply between them. The author does an excellent job of mixing the pictures with the song. I believe they did a great job of getting the emotional effects to the viewer. Please Enjoy!

Regards
John Crawford

AutismZone
Accokeek Computers
Mamas Best Recipes
The Cartouche - Science Fiction Reviews


AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: